Getting setup and ready for your interactive 360° virtual tour is very important when marketing properties for sale online. Remember that a 360° virtual tour will filter out many home shoppers and unnecessary cleanups, so doing a great job on the first pass will certainly pay off in the end.
Photography and Virtual Tour Preparedness Suggestions
– Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery if necessary.
– Yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be in good shape.
– Mow the lawn; make sure the driveway & entryway are free of clutter (toys, bikes, etc.)
– Winter – keep the sidewalks cleared of snow.
– Remove clutter and tidy up the shelves.
– Move excess furniture out of rooms. You want the space clean, open, and clutter-free (dog crates, tray tables, etc.).
– Replace burnt out light bulbs (the photographer will need light in most rooms).
– Clean off kitchen counters; remove any clutter.
– Make sure dirty/clean dishes are out of the sink & put away.
– Empty the garbage can.
– Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away.
– Close toilet lid and empty the garbage.
– Clean mirrors & glass surfaces.
– Hang towels neatly from towel bar.
– Check the basics around the house (indoors & out). It takes just a minute to make sure the house is clutter-free and all is in order.
– Turn on as many lights as you can when the photographer arrives.
– Try not to be in the room the photographer is photographing as you may end up in the photo.
The photographer cannot:
– Clean or dust
– Move furniture or decor items
– Pick up/move clutter (toys, dirty dishes, dog toys, etc.)
– Move garbage
The home MUST be ready for the photographer when he/she arrives. Upon arrival, our photographers can wait no longer than 5 minutes for additional home preparations. If a wait longer than this must happen, we will have to move on to our next scheduled appointment and the virtual tour will be rescheduled. If this happens, a rescheduling fee of $50.00 will apply.
Download a copy of our Photography and Virtual Tour Tips.
Photography will tell the true story of your listing. What story do you want to tell?
Call or text 5 0 8 . 4 4 3 . 1 3 3 2 today and let us help you look your very best online!